How to Join the Olene Walker Legacy Circle
Education matters. Our students need to be prepared for the 21st
There are several different ways to leave money to the district
or school of your choice.
Specifically, you can:
- Leave a specific monetary bequest in your will.
For example, you can leave a certain dollar amount to your
- Leave a specific property bequest in your will.
You also have the option of leaving a certain piece of
property, such as a valuable piece of art or an important book, to a
- Leave a percent of your residuary estate in your will.
You may leave a certain percentage of what is left of your
estate after all specific bequests have been made.
Create a charitable remainder trust that names your school as the
Thus, when you die, the school becomes the trust beneficiary.
- Name the school as the beneficiary of your retirement
This will pass outside of probate and could leave significant
funds to your school.
Other estate planning options may also exist that meet your needs and
help you leave money to your school.
Choosing the right planned gift depends on your personal circumstances
and financial goals.
- One-time gifts of long-term appreciated stocks and securities
- Life Insurance policies to be used as specified by the donor